I found a recipe for coconut flour cookies and made them. They didn’t do it for me but they almost did. I made some changes and now… they do it for me.
I’m excited to find a cookie that only needs a few ingredients and are super easy and healthy. These are great with tea or coffee and healthy enough to grab a few for a hurried breakfast.
Easy Coconut Flour Cookies
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 and 1/2 stick cold butter (must be cold)
4 Tbsp raw honey
1/2tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp maple sugar or coconut sugar
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until it’s a big ball of cookie dough. You can do this with a pastry blender but it will take some muscle. The food processor makes quick work of it.
2. Spoon out very small lumps of dough (a little bit bigger than a marble) onto your baking sheet (lined with parchment or your baking liner). You can make these as large as you’d like but due to the dry shortbread texture, a couple of small ones will satisfy.
3. Roll each lump into a ball and dip into your sugar and place back on the baking sheet.
4. Press down each cookie ball with the back of a spoon to flatten into a quarter size round.
5. Bake at 365F for about 8 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Watch these because they cook quickly since they are so small.
6. Cool completely. They will crumble into bits if you take them up too soon. They really do firm up nicely but you have to let them cool completely. Patience!
7. Share and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 46 very small one-bite cookies. Kept in a air tight container, they will be good for at least a weak.