Alva’s Rosemary Chicken/Sausage
Feeds 4-5 adults
Easy and quick!
This is one of the recipes where “about” works very well. You can use “about” as much or as little of any ingredient as you like and it will turn out great!
Consider doubling the recipe for leftovers or to share with friends.
A British friend, Alva, invited us to dinner and made this years ago and it became a regular family favorite. It’s possible I’ve adapted it a little over the years, but it’s close to what she served us. It can be made as healthy as you’d like it to be using quality, organic, hormone-free, single-origin, etc. ingredients.Read more: Alva’s Rosemary Chicken/Sausage
About! ¼- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
About! 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6-8 tenders, 3-4 breasts – whatever you prefer)
About! 3-4 tablespoons of dried or fresh rosemary
Salt/Pepper to taste
2 long links of sausage – I use turkey sausage. Cut into ¼” slices
About! 1 cup of chicken broth
- Cover bottom of medium to large stock pot with a thin coating of extra virgin olive oil and place thawed chicken in the pan. Cook thoroughly.
- Remove chicken and cut into cubes.
- Place chicken back in the pan and add sausage.
- Add the rosemary and sprinkle salt/pepper lightly over the top. Remember that you’ve added the sausage (which has salt) so be careful not to make it too salty.
- Add the chicken broth, just enough to cover the meat, and cover the pan to simmer on low for about 10 minutes or so. The chicken broth helps keep the meat moist and makes a sauce with the olive oil.
Serve over your favorite grain. It’s good without rice, too. A simple side salad is good with this dish and some fresh bakery bread from the local bakery or your own kitchen! Hawaiian rolls are delicious as well.