There are lots of recipes out there for Cranberry Butter. I read a few and did my own thing. Shocker, I know…
I’m using this to give as gifts to our neighbors this Christmas. And of course saving some back for me. 🙂 Here is what I’m printing out to add with the gift.
Enjoy this on toast, biscuits, scones, or add it to a cheese plate. Use it as a glaze for grilled chicken or pork, or on sandwiches. Or just eat a spoonful of it. Merry Christmas from the ***** family!
P.S. It will be good kept in the refrigerator for up to a month – if it lasts that long.
Cranberry Butter, Andrea Stunz
Yields 4 half pint jars (ok to double to recipe)
- 2 12-oz bags of fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar or coconut sugar/crystals (palm sugar)
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups organic apple cider
- Put all the ingredients in a crockpot and stir to combine well. Turn on high. Let it cook for about 2 hours or until the cranberries are soft.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and puree until creamy using the emersion blender.
- Replace the cinnamon sticks and cook with lid ajar until thickened, approximately another 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks. Using a large strainer and ladle (like a really large tea strainer) or straining cloth, strain out the stringy bits.
- Put the cranberry butter into clean jars with tight fitting lids and let cool. Store in the refrigerator and use within a month.